The era of the muscle car produced many classic vehicles that have become the stuff of legend. The classic Impala stands out as one of the great muscle cars from this era. For that reason, the classic Impala has become a much sought-after prize for muscle car collectors in every market. It is a favorite for those who love to do restoration on classic muscle cars because the parts for the classic Impala are easy to come by.
It takes a good game plan to find a great classic Impala to add to your collection. Setting the bar high and being patient and persistent in your search is a must if you are going to end up with your dream car in your garage. Here are a few ideas on finding the classic Impala of your dreams:
· Narrow down the requirements for your classic Impala dream car, starting with the model year. The classic Impala years of production were from 1959 on into the 1970s. It was during these years that the car made its mark in the muscle car culture of that era. Start out by narrowing down which production year for the classic Impala interests you. That will help you out when you hit the markets for restored and vintage muscle cars.
· Now hit cyberspace. The Internet is a good stop in shopping for your classic Impala even if you do not buy online. That is because online classic muscle car merchants do a great job of showing photos of the different model years and styles of classic Impalas that were created during those years. They also give plenty of detailed background information about each type of classic Impala that can help you narrow down the accessories and add-ons you want to be part of the dream car you buy.
· Don’t overlook the networking opportunities of classic muscle car shows or rallies in your area. These gatherings will be where other collectors come to meet and you can often find people who share your passion for classic Impalas. While the show may be there to display a wide variety of classic or vintage cars, there will be vendors who supply parts for classic Impalas who can guide you to sellers who have restored Impalas to sell and who are ready to negotiate.
· There are lots of local resources for finding classic Impalas for sale. You should broaden your search beyond publications or gatherings that focus only on muscle car collectors. Your local newspaper will often have classified ads for classic Impalas for sale. The Impala was in production for a long time and it was very popular, so there is a strong market for them out there. Also keep your eyes open as you drive around your neighborhood. It is not uncommon to see a “for sale” sign in the window of a classic Impala. That is a good way to get a great bargain “fixer upper” to restore.
· Keep in mind that part of the costs of buying a classic Impala may be transportation. If you buy a classic car locally but it needs to be towed for you to accept ownership, that could run up an expense. If you buy online and the classic Impala comes to you from far away, the costs of delivery could push up the purchase price considerably.
The places you can look for a classic Impala are diverse. You can use online blogs or classic car fan clubs to find sellers. You may know friends who know people who may have a car for sale or you can post a notice on a bulletin board at the local auto parts store that you are interested in talking to anyone who has a classic Impala for sale. Use your imagination and open a lot of avenues of shopping for the car of your dreams. If you do that, you will find the perfect classic Impala for your collection and it will be one of those great collector muscle cars that you will treasure for years.